Every morning, I typically mix the below base ingredients and water in my Vitamix blender with 1-2 add-ins to make a 20 oz smoothie. This green smoothie keeps me full until lunch, and I get my vitamins and minerals early!
The below add-in list may look daunting, but it's only because I've built up a variety in my cupboard over the past year.
The easiest way to get started is to just blend the base ingredients for a nutritious way to start your morning!
- Organic baby spinach (fresh or frozen)
- Frozen organic blueberries
- Rich in antioxidants
- New Barn Organic Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- Amazing Grass Green Superfood Organic Powder or Equilibrium Nutrition Daily Nutritional Support (Vanilla)
- Daily veggies, vitamins and minerals supplement
- Nature Restore Organic Maca Powder
- Rich in vitamins C, A, B2, B6 and Niacin
- Rich in minerals, including iron, zinc, iodine, calcium
- Can help balance hormone levels and control the amount of estrogen in the body
- Improves energy, mood and memory
- NOW Foods Organic Hemp Seed Hearts (8 oz)
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids (good fats)
- Great source of protein
- Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed (24 oz)
- Rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids (good fats) and fiber
- Artisana Coconut Butter
- Rich in lauric acid, which boosts immunity, boosts your metabolism, and is packed with healthy fats
- Adds a delicious coconut flavor!
- Organic bananas
- J+CO Tip: Cut super ripe banana into small chunks and freeze. Add a few pieces to your smoothies for a natural sweetener and in place of ice cubes.
- Navitas Organics Matcha Powder
- Full of antioxidants; boosts metabolism
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
- Raises ketones (fat-burning molecules in your body) to help fuel your brain and suppress hunger
- Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
- Full of antioxidants; high in fiber and protein