Nicole Giordano is the founder of StartUp FASHION, an online resource and community supporting independent designers around the world with building their businesses. A deep love for the craft of fashion paired with an adamant belief that success is defined by the individual, led her to found StartUp FASHION, where she helps independent designers and makers screw the traditional fashion business rules, create their own paths, and build businesses they truly love. More than anything else, she’s in the business of encouragement and works every day to remind makers and designers that they have something special to offer the world and that they can, in fact, do this thing!
1. What values and principles do you live by?
2. What’s one area in your life you’re actively working on or looking to improve?
3. What's one new positive habit you've started that has made a big impact on your life?
4. What is your biggest challenge when trying to be the best version of yourself, and what has helped you overcome it?
Cutting myself some slack when I screw up. I have this tendency hold myself to standards that I wouldn't expect from others. Everyone screws up sometimes and I'm trying to be better at applying that to myself. To do that, I acknowledge out loud that I'm being too hard on myself. And I say, "Stop." I also remind myself of all that I've managed to accomplish so far.
5. What products or resources do you recommend that have helped you get to this point?