Weekly Ponderings #15: podcasts that will 🤯
This week lasted forever. I headed to NYC last Sun, had two full-day work offsites on Mon-Tues, went to yoga with a friend on Wed, stayed out way too late drinking with a friend on Thurs (worth it though ❤️), spent all of Fri-Sat at Well Summit listening and learning, and finally got back to Boston last night around midnight.
Today, after going to brunch with Brian and eating a calzone (even though I knew I my body wouldn't love the dairy and gluten I wanted to eat the damn thing so I did), I came home and lay down on the couch. I watched 10 seconds of SVU and passed out for 5 hours. Even though I had a list of to-dos in my head, my body needed the recovery. So I took that nap, guilt free.
The Genius Life w/Max Lugavere: How to Have a Have Happier, Healthier Periods and Be More Fertile with Tracy Lockwood Beckerman
- The more I learn about periods the more I realize how crazy it is we don't get more education about it when we're young and first getting our periods. In this podcast, Tracey Lockwood Beckerman walks through the different phases of the menstrual cycle (period, follicular, ovulation, luteal), what's going on in your body, and how you can eat to best nourish yourself during those phases. If I ever have a daughter, I'm determined to be well-informed enough myself to teach her about all this stuff. Women's bodies are so freaking powerful and amazing. The older I get the more I realize this. Why don't we learn this when we're young?!
- Ep 140: Human Design (What It Is + How to Apply it to Your Life) with Erin Claire Jones
- I knew nothing about Human Design until this episode. It feels like part astrology part personality test (e.g. Myers Briggs, Enneagram) even though it's neither. It uses just your birth date, time and location and tells you a ton of information about yourself. It's all about your energetic makeup and how you can align your nature with it to step into your highest potential. I know it sounds pretty crazy but listen to this episode - Erin Claire Jones makes it all make sense (take the test - it's free). It blew my mind!
- Ep 137: Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifestation 101 + Redefining Your Stress with Emily Fletcher
- While I understand all the benefits of meditation, I've yet to add it to my life. In this episode, Emily Fletcher convinced me why it's so important for your brain health and optimizing your performance, and put some fire under my ass to learn a technique and add it to my routine. I'll keep y'all posted with what ends up working for me.
Take care of yourself this week.