Weekly Ponderings #27: 6 supplements to boost your immune system
This week has been crazy. I can't believe how fast things have been changing on a daily basis. While everyone has been freaking out stocking up on TP, I've been focused on keeping my body healthy. Keep reading for the supplements I recommend to keep your immune system strong.
6 supplements I stocked up on today from Equilibrium Nutrition to keep my immune system strong:
1. Daily Nutritional Support Shake: I swear by this product. It's a multi-vitamin/mineral/detox/protein powder all in one. Recommend to everyone looking for a clean protein powder. Use 2 scoops with your morning smoothies. You'll get 100% of the micronutrients you need for the day by 9am.
2. Daily Fruits & Veggie Blend: This greens superfood powder is made with 22 organic fruits and veggies. It's FILLED with nutrients and antioxidants. 1 scoop in the morning with water or your smoothie.
3. Vitamin D3: As you probably know, your body makes vitamin D when exposed to the sun. If you live on the east coast, you're likely already vitamin D deficient (pre COVID-19). Now that you're spending more time indoors, it's even more important to supplement with a high-quality vitamin D. This version is liquid -- you place 2 drops right under your tongue with a meal (4000-5000 IU/day).
4. Alkalizing Vitamin C: This formula is a high dose vitamin C, best used for shorter periods for an extra immune boost or when deficient. It's blended with calcium, magnesium and potassium for optimal absorption. Add to your morning smoothie or drink straight w/water (heads up, it's lemony!).
5. Balanced Zinc: This formula includes zinc, vitamin C, B6 and copper -- all to help enhance the zinc absorption into your body.
6. Daily Probiotic Support: A healthy gut = healthy immune system. ~70% of your immune system lives in your gut. This probiotic has 50 Billion live probiotics per serving. Take 2 capsules every morning.
*Use promo Welcome10 to save 10% off as a new customer.
SUPER IMPORTANT: NOT ALL SUPPLEMENT BRANDS ARE EQUAL.
Supplements are an unregulated industry. There's a ton of junk out there. Don't waste your money on it. What to look out for when buying supplements:
- Good Manufacturing Practice certified
- 3rd party tested
- Gluten free, dairy free, non-GMO
- Formula should be based on a clinically studied dosage
- Vitamin B12 (look for methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin)
- Read the ingredients!! Avoid sugar (eg cane sugar, corn syrup, fructose, maltodextrin, sucrose, syrups, etc.), binders/fillers (eg croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, disodium hydrogen phosphate (DSP)), artificial colors (anything with FD&C[insert color]), and additives (eg yeast extract, MSG, titanium dioxide).
DON'T BE CHEAP WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY!