Weekly Ponderings #35: 5 Things I'm Loving
Wow. It's been awhile...but I'm back. Hope y'all are having a beautiful long weekend.
My husband and I are celebrating our 2-year anniversary in Manchester, Vermont -- one of our fav places in New England and where we got married. Will definitely be writing a full blog post on all the restaurants we're obsessed with here...stay tuned.
I'm going to keep it simple this week and just share a few things I've been loving recently.
5 things I'm loving
1. Adding essential oils to my shower. Can't believe I just discovered this. Just add ~5 drops of your fav essential oil to the corners of your shower or tub where there's no direct water flow. This adds 2 secs to your routine and transforms your shower into a freakin' diffuser. Thank me later.
2. ILIA liquid eyeliner. Been slowly converting all my makeup to clean beauty to minimize toxins in my life. I converted to ILIA's mascara last year and love it, so decided to try their liquid eyeliner and was not disappointed. The felt tip is finely pointed and just the right amount of firm - the key to a good liquid eyeliner. Highly recommend!
3. Beautycounter Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil. Just restocked on this EWG-verified face wash. Takes off all my makeup (including eye makeup), smells delicious, and leaves my face super soft. Another #cleanbeauty swap.
4. Starting work meetings with some breathing and gratitude. I now start my team meetings with what I'm calling a "mindful moment", where I take the team through a deep breathing exercise for a couple min. We're always moving from meeting to meeting all day, nonstop, that it's been incredible to take some time to just breathe. We follow it up with 1 thing we're grateful for, 1 win and 1 learning from the week.
5. Homemade cauliflower gnocchi (recipe by keepupwithliv). Found this recipe and am obsessed. Just 4 ingredients - cauliflower, cassava four, potato starch, egg (can make vegan with a flax or chia egg). Surprisingly easy to make, pillowy and delicious. I just sautée them with garlic and avocado oil, but they'd be great with any pasta sauce.
That's it for this week!